It’s easy to forget about the little things when you’re cleaning your house. But those little things can make a big difference in terms of how sanitary your home is. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the unsanitary things that people often overlook when they’re cleaning their homes.
P.S. Do you need help from a professional cleaning company to keep your home clean and sanitary? Contact us today! We offer a wide range of cleaning services throughout Cheras that will suit your needs.
- Trash cans can be unsanitary because they attract bugs, mold, and mildew.
- To keep a trash can clean, empty it regularly and scrub it with soap and water.
- Doorknobs are often made of materials that can easily harbor bacteria.
- To keep doorknobs clean, wipe them down with a cloth or disinfect them with a household cleaner.
- Clothes hampers can be breeding grounds for bacteria because they are usually dark and moist.
- To keep a clothes hamper clean, empty it regularly and wash it with mild detergent.
- Bath mats are often made from absorbent materials which means they easily soak up water and dirt from your feet.
While it may seem like a innocuous spot to put your trash can, in reality, it can be one of the most unsanitary areas in your home.
First, the trash can attracts bugs and vermin, which can then spread diseases. Second, the trash can is a prime location for mold and mildew to grow, due to the presence of food scraps and moisture. Finally, the trash can is often full of germs and bacteria, which can be transferred to your hands and clothes when you touch it.
As a result, it is important to keep your trash can clean and sanitary. Start by emptying it regularly, and then scrubbing it down with soap and water. Once a week, you should also disinfect the trash can with a household cleaner.
Pro Tip: To make sure your trash can stays clean and sanitary, line it with a garbage bag before each use. This will help to prevent the buildup of germs, bacteria, and mold.
Doorknobs are one of the most commonly touched surfaces in any home, and yet they are often overlooked when it comes to cleaning. The reason why it is often overlooked is that it’s easy to forget that people touch them with their hands, which can transfer all sorts of germs and bacteria.
While it’s important to clean door handles and doorknobs on a regular basis, there are a few things that you should know about why they can be particularly unsanitary.
- Doorknobs are often made of materials that can easily harbor bacteria, such as brass or metal.
- They are frequently touched by people who have just come in from outside, which means that they can easily track in dirt and contaminants.
- Doorknobs are often located near food preparation areas, making them even more likely to become contaminated with foodborne illness-causing bacteria.
For these reasons, it’s essential to give your doorknobs a thorough cleaning on a regular basis.
Here are a few tips you can follow:
1. Regularly wipe down your doorknobs with a clean cloth. This will help to remove any dirt, dust, or fingerprints that may be on the surface.
2. Use a mild soap and water solution to clean your doorknobs on a weekly basis. This will help to remove any built-up dirt or grime.
3. If your doorknobs are looking particularly dirty, you can use a stronger cleaning solution such as vinegar or bleach. Just be sure to rinse the doorknobs well afterwards so that no residue is left behind.
4. For an extra level of protection, you can regularly disinfect your doorknobs with a household disinfectant spray. This will help to kill any bacteria or viruses that may be present on the surface.
Most of us are guilty of throwing our dirty clothes in the hamper and forgetting about them until laundry day. However, this can actually lead to a build-up of bacteria and other unsanitary conditions.
Clothes hampers are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria because they are usually dark and moist. Moreover, dirty laundry itself can contain all sorts of germs, including those that cause illnesses like colds and the flu.
So, how can you keep your clothes hamper clean and sanitary? Here are a few tips:
1. Keep it organized
The first step to keeping your clothes hamper clean is to keep it organized. This means having a place for everything and keeping everything in its place. A good way to do this is to invest in some storage bins or baskets. This will help you to keep your hamper organized and make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
2. Don’t let it get too full
Another tip for keeping your clothes hamper clean is to make sure that it doesn’t get too full. This can be difficult if you have a lot of clothes, but it’s important to try to keep the hamper from getting overloaded. Otherwise, it will be more difficult to keep the hamper clean and organized.
3. Empty it regularly
A third tip for keeping your clothes hamper clean is to empty it on a regular basis. This means taking the time to sort through the hamper and remove any dirty or soiled items. This will help to prevent the build-up of dirt and grime and make it easier to keep the hamper clean.
4. Clean it regularly
Finally, one of the most important tips for keeping your clothes hamper clean is to clean it on a regular basis. This means taking the time to wipe down the inside of the hamper with a damp cloth or sponge. This will help to remove any dirt or debris that has accumulated over time and make it easier to keep the hamper clean in the future.
Note: these tips also apply to any other type of laundry hamper, such as those made of wicker or plastic.
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about your bath mat. After all, it’s just a piece of fabric that you step on when you get out of the shower. However, bath mats can actually be quite unsanitary, and they are often overlooked when it comes to cleaning. Here’s a closer look at why bath mats can be unsanitary and how you can keep them clean.
Bath mats are often made from absorbent materials like cotton or microfiber, which means they can easily soak up water and dirt from your feet. Moreover, because they are usually placed near the toilet, they can also become contaminated with bacteria from sewage or other sources. If these bacteria are not removed, they can continue to multiply, leading to an increased risk of infection.
Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to keep your bath mat clean and sanitary.
1. Use a mild detergent: You should avoid using harsh chemicals and cleaners on your bath mat, as these can damage the material. Instead, opt for a mild detergent that is designed for delicate fabrics.
2. Spot clean when necessary: If you notice any stains on your bath mat, be sure to spot clean them as soon as possible. This will help to prevent the stains from setting in and becoming difficult to remove.
3. Hang to dry: After washing your bath mat, be sure to hang it up to dry completely. Allowing it to air dry will help to prevent mildew and mold from growing on the mat.
4. Vacuum regularly: In addition to washing your bath mat, you should also vacuum it on a regular basis. This will help to remove any dirt or dust that has accumulated on the surface of the mat.
Frequently Asked Questions About Unsanitary Things That You Overlook When Cleaning
Now that you know more about some of the unsanitary things that you may be overlooking when cleaning, you may have some questions. Here are a few of the most commonly asked questions about this topic.
What are some other unsanitary things that people overlook when cleaning?
Some other unsanitary things that people overlook when cleaning include doorknobs, light switches, faucets, and remote controls. These items can all harbor bacteria and other microbes, so it’s important to clean them on a regular basis.
Why is it important to clean unsanitary things?
It’s important to clean unsanitary things because they can harbor bacteria and other microbes that can cause illness. If these items are not cleaned, the bacteria can continue to multiply, leading to an increased risk of infection.
When should I clean unsanitary things?
You should clean unsanitary things on a regular basis, such as once a week. This will help to prevent the build-up of bacteria and other microbes.
In conclusion, there are a number of unsanitary things that you may be overlooking when cleaning. These include laundry hampers, bath mats, doorknobs, light switches, and remote controls. However, by taking the time to clean these items on a regular basis, you can help to prevent the spread of bacteria and other microbes. Now that you know more about this topic, be sure to keep it in mind the next time you are cleaning your home.