From the small cafe corner to the large restaurant, every commercial kitchen comes with its own set of cleaning chores and challenges. Keeping your commercial kitchen in Cheras tidy and squeaky clean isn’t just important – it’s essential!
In this blog, we’ll give you some top tips on how to make sure your commercial kitchen is always in tip-top shape. So grab a mop and dustpan, get stuck in and learn how you can clean your commercial kitchen the right way!
Creating a Cleaning Schedule
Creating and adhering to a consistent cleaning schedule is the most important part of maintaining a clean commercial kitchen. Cleaning schedules should include detailed tasks that all employees are expected to do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis in order to keep the kitchen looking spotless. The following is a suggested cleaning schedule that can be customized to the needs of any commercial kitchen.
- Every morning:
- Empty garbage bins
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean food prep areas
- Wipe down equipment surfaces
- Disinfect surfaces
- Every night:
- Wash dishes, pots, pans, and utensils with an enzyme detergent for grease removal if necessary
- Apply polish to stainless steel surfaces
- Clean coffee machines and espresso machines with specialty cleaner or descaling agent (if applicable)
- Empty grease interceptors (if applicable)
- Deep clean cooking equipment and hood filters
- Sanitize deep sink drains
- Clean out coolers and refrigerators
- Monthly heavy-duty cleaners should be applied to floors, concrete walls, and grout lines.
- All equipment should be inspected for maintenance needs every three months or as needed – such as inspecting ceiling vents for accumulation of grease, cleaning AC units/parts, inspecting fire extinguishers, etc.
- Hire a reliable cleaning company in Cheras to do the job for you, this will ensure a fast and efficient result.
The Importance of Daily Cleaning Tasks
Maintaining a hygienic and spotless commercial kitchen in Cheras is an undertaking that requires a lot of time, energy, and effort. Kitchens used for commercial purposes must adhere to strict health regulations, as any minor amounts of dirt or grease can affect the image of your business. It’s important to ensure that the kitchen is kept clean at all times, which means taking both long-term and daily cleaning tasks into consideration.
Daily cleaning tasks should be a top priority for any commercial kitchen, as these are essential for upholding a standard of sanitation and also extend the life cycle of most equipment used in the kitchen. The importance of daily cleaning tasks cannot be understated – not only will regular care help keep bugs away, but it will also make cook lines cleaner while improving productivity in the kitchen.
In general, keeping your commercial kitchen clean is something that everyone who uses it should make a habit out of doing each day specifically when you identify areas where grease may build up quickly from extensive cooking operations such as deep fryers or grills.
Be sure that whatever method you use for cleaning does not leave behind residue that could increase chances of bacteria build-up or damage cooklines over time – this is why specialty squirt bottles with cleaners are perfect when using heat methods on surfaces like grills because they can both sanitize and protect cooklines from damage while simultaneously emitting no fumes or odor whatsoever!
Deep Cleaning Procedures
When it comes to the upkeep of a commercial kitchen in the Cheras area, deep cleaning is an essential component of proper hygiene and food safety. By following a comprehensive deep cleaning protocol, your restaurant will not only maintain its cleanliness but also avoid potential supplier and health inspections. Before proceeding with any of these procedures, be sure that all kitchen staff have properly washed their hands or have put on gloves and masks to protect against cross-contamination.
Deep Cleaning Tasks:
- Sanitize all hard non-porous surfaces such as countertops, sinks, cutting boards and chutes. This can be done using recommended disinfectants available in the market like bleach or alcohol solutions or other sanitizers certified by regulatory authorities.
- Clean body fluids such as blood spills using germicides and detergent solution to ensure that no bacteria is transferred between surfaces.
- Clean food contact surfaces such as plates, glasses, utensils with hot water (greater than 70°C). Rinse with safe warm water afterwards for complete sanitation purposes
- Clean floor grease traps at least every month if there are no daily cooking activities taking place in the establishment to reduce cooking odours from accumulating throughout the area
- Maintain dust free environment by dusting walls, floors, ledges and other inaccessible areas regularly
- Empty all waste disposal bins more than once a week for thorough cleaning purposes
- Ensure that cracked tiles are mended or replaced timely so as to avoid any pest infestation in the future
Utilizing the Right Cleaning Products and Equipment
Having the right cleaning supplies and equipment is necessary for cleaning a commercial kitchen in Cheras. It is important to use specialized products specifically designed for commercial spaces that have a higher concentration of dirt and bacteria than residential kitchens. To keep your kitchen as clean and safe as possible, use the following tips when stocking up on cleaning supplies.
- Always choose cleaning products that are specifically formulated for stainless steel surfaces, such as kitchen appliances and countertops. Depending on the size of your kitchen, you may want to invest in a surface cleaner that is specially designed for these materials, such as a degreaser or an anti-bacterial spray.
- For keeping floors clean on a daily basis, look into purchasing vacuum cleaners or wet/dry vacs fit specifically for the size of your commercial space – one large enough to pull up debris quickly without needing several refills of cabinets or water tanks along the way.
- Investing in mop buckets, mops, brooms, squeegees, and dustpans will also help you reach those hard-to-reach corners of your kitchen easily so it stays sanitary at all times.
Maintaining a Clean and Organized Kitchen Space
Making sure your commercial kitchen in Cheras is kept clean and organized is an important first step to making sure that all food items are made and served safely. The overall appearance of a kitchen is indicative of the level of cleanliness maintained, as such, it should be given regular attention and care.
Particular daily cleaning tasks:
- Make sure that nonfood contact surfaces such as door knobs or countertops are wiped down periodically with a damp cloth containing soap or disinfectant;
- Containers, where cooked food is stored, should be emptied regularly.
- Drains should not be blocked with debris; dishes should be washed in hot water containing a dishwashing detergent.
- Refrigerators and freezers should be cleaned out on a regular basis using mild detergents or appropriate cleaning solutions.
- Garbage bins must also be emptied often (especially oily ones).
The Role of Employees in Maintaining Kitchen Cleanliness
Maintaining a clean and safe working environment in the commercial kitchen depends on the attitude and participation of all staff members. As such, employees play a great role in ensuring that the kitchen remains in a clean, sanitary condition. It is important to communicate to all staff members the shared responsibility they have towards ensuring that the kitchen is properly cleaned at all times.
Employees should actively participate in keeping the kitchen spotless by practicing clean habits from when they first arrive for work to their departure. This includes not just distancing themselves from any dirt but proactively engaging in cleaning activities that are part of keeping the space spic and span.
Gaining employee support for keeping hygiene standards also depends on providing them with proper cleaning equipment and products, so they have all they need to easily do their part towards maintaining a hygienic kitchen environment.
When you are cleaning a commercial kitchen, it is important to remember that the key is finding a balance between safety and efficiency. Invest in quality products, set rules and expectations, train your staff to follow standard operating procedures, and review your procedures periodically. Cleaning the right way not only increases staff performance but also maintains the health of your customers.
By following this guide to commercial kitchen cleaning in Cheras, you can ensure that your business runs smoothly and efficiently while maintaining proper sanitary standards. With commitment and dedication to kitchen cleaning practices, you will ensure food safety while keeping customers happy with delicious meals.